Monday, February 1, 2016

Politicians and The Media

I did not watch a debate on YouTube I am going to go off the debate and what I remember that came on late last year with the Democrats! 

I feel like the media and how society feels plays a MAJOR role in how politicians think and molds their speeches to sound like what certain audiences want to hear. 

EXAMPLE: 
Making marijuana legal! 
Omg if their views on that haven't changed a mazillion times o don't know what! Back before ANY of them were running for president most of them (Hiliary, Sander, O'Malley ) were all against it. But now that it has become so common and more people want it and the media makes people who are against it seem so different they change their views. Government to me personally wants whatever can make them money which is why it's a states decision to make it legal.  

Politicians are definitely media made ... Everything changes when they get in the White House. They want you to believe they are your average joes, or living the American Dream (family) but really I think everything  is a "if I can sell it and the media can help me sell it GO FOR IT" type of society.  But that's just me! 

(Don't have a link for this one!)  

2 comments:

  1. Facebook and Twitter especially hype up hot topic items in the news and lately I'm noticing a large amount of heat over no reason. It kills me because one Facebook post will have thousands of comments with hundreds of responses and all of them will be ripping each other apart, meanwhile the politicians just go on their merry way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this for sure - just like any other product, politicians have to sell themselves to the public. This definitely causes them to flip flop on issues a lot - very aggravating for those of us who want to have a candidate who means what they say.

    ReplyDelete